Versatile, marketing professional with 18+ years of experience overseeing detailed projects / programs, building relationships, collateral creation, and fundraising. Built a reputation for producing events on time and under budget to a variety of audiences/stakeholders in nonprofit, technology, and finance sectors.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Program & Event Management • CRM Development • Email Marketing & Collateral Development • Fundraising & Sponsor Recruitment • Vendor Management • Operations • Volunteer Coordination • Enthusiasm in all Pursuits
Marketing Director, OmniGuard/CannaGuard Security (Jan 2015 – Present)
OmniGuard Security is a local Northwest company specializing in high tech residential and commercial security systems. It’s sister company, CannaGuard Security, designs, engineers and consults on custom security systems specifically for the cannabis industry. Current clients reside in Oregon and Washington, and grow as states come online.
As the Marketing Director, my position entails all things marketing, including web design and implementation, online and traditional marketing, social media, creative strategies, relationship building, and event management. My goal is to make OmniGuard and CannaGuard the leaders in their respective industries.
Freelance Marketing Maven, BarbAnderman.com (Jan 2014 – Present)
Freelance / Contract work for small businesses and nonprofits:
- Website Design and Build (WordPress)
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media
- Online Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Collateral Development (Adobe CS)
I am also a copy editor for TopClassActions.com
Marketing Manager / Office Manager, ShoeFitts Marketing (Apr 2014 – Feb 2015, freelance)
ShoeFitts Marketing identifies, creates, and implements inspired marketing and social media strategies and solutions for their clients in the retirement plan space so those clients can focus on doing what they love.
Marketing Communications Coordinator, NovaTech LLC (2008– Nov 2013)
NovaTech clients are in the brewing, chemical, ethanol, food and beverage, oil and gas, metals, pharmaceutical, electric and water utility industries.
- InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop in-house creative and collateral development, including brochures, datasheets, newsletters, and images
- Responsible for Constant Contact management; implemented Email Marketing Program resulting in 15% increase in subscriber base in one year
- Managed sales/vendor events around the country (site, collateral, online registration systems)
- Maintained and updated website with WordPress
- Assisted IT with Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation
Marketing/Salesforce.com Administrator – Aequitas Capital Management (2006 – 2008)
Aequitas Capital is a credit-focused investment management firm.
- Self-taught SalesForce.com and administered for team of 25 users; increased reporting accuracy 20%
- Responsible for email campaigns, ads, PPT presentations, in-house creative, and investor events
- Marketing lead for all marketing campaigns and press releases
- Managed vendor relations with web & PR firms
Special Events/Programs Manager – Software Association of Oregon (2000- 2006)
Worked with eight committees to plan and execute over 30 programs and three fundraisers per year supporting technology education
- Sponsor and volunteer recruitment
- Production and distribution of marketing collateral (electronic and print)
- Managed and finalized event budgets for annual auction and golf tournament
- Coordinated venue meeting logistics, including catering, room set-up, A/V, equipment and product or exhibit display needs, and volunteers
- Increased volunteer participation by 40%; increased funds raised by 20%
Tasting Room Manager – Tualatin Estate Vineyards (1998 – 2004)
- Managed all aspects of operations: marketing, events, A/R, A/P, staff recruitment and retention, inventory.
Operations Manager – NW Innovative Business & Technology Center (NIBTEC) – (1998 – 2000)
NIBTEC consulted on federal Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) proposals, new client projects and business development.
- Coordinated and implemented high tech conferences and regional workshops, including local SBIR workshops, national conferences, and the regional NASA Applications of Geospatial Information workshop
- Managed all aspects of operations, including marketing A/R, A/P, new project development, client relations, vendor relations, database development and maintenance
- NIBTEC was recipient of national SBA Tibbetts Award for SBIR outreach activities, 1999
ESL Teacher – CASA Americana
- Valencia, Spain (1997 – 1998) – English grammar and conversation teacher for all student levels – beginning to executives
Programs Manager – Oregon Biosciences Association (1993 – 1997)
OBA was a 501c6 not-for-profit supporting the bioscience industry and its members.
Oregon Biotechnology Innovation Center (OBIC) Office Manager:
- Aided in the development & planning of OBIC : completed needs assessment of tenant companies, created OBIC Policy Guide
- Oversaw all aspects of biotech incubator operation including tenant and vendor relations, financial management, equipment procurement and maintenance, facility event planning, and security
Oregon Biotechnology Association/Foundation (OBA/OBF) Program Manager:
- Coordinated and publicized local and regional biotechnology events
- Researched and authored 1995 & 1996 Survey of Oregon Biotechnology Companies
- Established pro-bono job placement service and placed four people in one year
- Facilitated membership drives, collection of funds, and service issues
EDUCATION / CREDENTIALS
- PSU CEPE Digital Marketing Strategies Course, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts, Organizational Communications & Business: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, 1992
- ESL Teacher Certification Program, International House, Portland, OR, 1996
Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, WordPress, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce.com (Administrator workshop, 2008), Insightly. Adaptable to whatever new program is handed to me, as I love a challenge.
- Rieke Elementary (2014 – present)
- Portland Jewish Academy (2008 – 2014)
- Auction Volunteer, 2008-09; Co-Chair, 2010-present
- Parent Ambassador Committee, 2010-present
- Development Committee, 2010-11 school year
- S.M.A.R.T. Volunteer
- YWCA Board of Directors (2004-2005)
- Portland Female Executives (PDXfX) Board of Directors (2001-2004)
- Founding Board Member
- Special Events and Programs Director